Easy to See. Easy to Use.
Because heavy turnout gear often gets in the way for firefighters trying to put on their seat belts, unfortunately, many of them don’t even bother. ReadyReach®, by IMMI®, is the solution. With bright webbing that makes the belt easy to see, and an extender bar that makes them easy to grab, firefighters can now buckle up one-handed and hassle free.
In an effort to improve seat belt usage and improve the safety of their traveling firefighters, the FDNY outfitted their entire fleet with ReadyReach and awarded IMMI with a special commendation for safety for its invention.
Safety Within Reach
ReadyReach is an enhanced seat belt system that places the buckle and D-loop in an optimal location.
- An extender arm places the shoulder belt D-loop closer in a closer, easy to reach location
- Longer stalks improve access to the buckle
- Available in orange or red webbing for easy visibility
- Meets applicable FMVSS and NFPA 1901 standards
- Can be specified on new fire apparatus or retrofitted in many older trucks
Over the course of designing and retrofitting ReadyReach into various fire apparatus, IMMI engineers conducted rigorous static and dynamic physical tests at the Center for Advanced Product Evaluation (CAPE®).
- Mechanical tests in the IMMI quality lab validate the system’s durability and functionality against corrosion, vibration, dust, temperature extremes, and humidity.
- Reliability testing is conducted on each component to ensure the product meets stringent requirements for system functionality in a variety of conditions.
- Seat belt systems are often tested beyond regulatory requirements, enabling IMMI to deliver dependable, high quality safety systems to its customers.