Buckle up properly every time by following these simple steps:
- Adjust the seat to its proper driving position.
- Hold the latch and pull the seat belt across the body without twisting the webbing.
- Vertically insert the latch into the buckle. Listen for a Click.
- Tug on the seat belt latch to make sure the belt is securely fastened.
- Snug the seat belt across the hips, on top of the thighs.
As seat belts have gotten more comfortable to wear, usage has increased. In fact, in 2011, the FMCSA reported that 78 percent of commercial truck and bus drivers were using their seat belts, up from 65 percent in 2007.
The Komfort Latch Gen 2 simplifies the process of safely relieving seat belt tension. Read about how it works here.
The Komfort Latch Gen 1 reduces seat belt tension so the belt doesn’t rub your shoulder or neck while you’re driving. Read about how it works here.
What can I do to improve seat belt usage among my drivers?
- Help drivers understand the importance of buckling up!
Remind your drivers that wearing a seat belt makes them twice as likely to survive a crash.
- Teach drivers to properly adjust their seats and belts.
Explain that a properly adjusted seat and seat belt can increase driver comfort.
- Equip cabs with high-visibility seat belts.
Increased visibility gives other drivers, fleet managers and law enforcement officials the ability to quickly identify whether drivers are wearing their seat belts. High-visibility seat belt webbing is available from most heavy truck manufacturers.
- Share the Click, Tug & Snug training video with your drivers.
The Click, Tug & Snug training video provides industry information, explains the importance of occupant protection and gives step-by-step instructions for using the seat belt system in your truck.
Komfort Latch Gen2 with Seat Belt Height Adjuster
Komfort Latch Gen1 with Seat Belt Height Adjuster
Seat Belt Usage
Seat Belt Maintenance & 10 Step Inspection Guide
“Could it be any easier?” article by David Cullen on Click, Tug & Snug (Fleetowner.com)