STAR Special Needs = Special Protection.
STAR Special Needs offers the same protection as the standard STAR, with extra support accessories to accommodate children with a wide range of special health care needs. The restraint easily adjusts to provide support for children 25 to 105 pounds with torso heights up to 20 inches tall (torso height = seating position base to shoulder).
With its five-point restraint system and extra support accessories, the STAR Special Needs is a convenient, cost-effective solution to keeping children with special needs properly positioned and secured for the ride.
- Extra support features include an abductor, recline wedge, torso supports, height adjusters, and adjustable headrests
- Wraps around any size bus seat
- Meets or exceeds all applicable federal and Head Start safety standards
- Installs on both standard FMVSS 222 and 210 seats
- Seat pad can be removed and washed without removal of the restraint
ADDRESSES THESE HEALTH CARE NEEDS:
- High and low muscle tone
- Decreased head and trunk control
- Increased muscle tone in lower extremities
- Behavioral conditions such as hyperactivity, autism, and emotional concerns
- Developmentally immature
PROMOTES PROPER POSITIONING:
- Protects airways
- Provides support
- Promotes posture and functional positions
- Increases comfort